Art Feature

I was honored late month with the announcement that two of my digital drawings is featured on the Mic Costums store website, in early February. Store link:
(direct link to art feature: MicCostumes - Art Feature )In light of two of my Wacom drawn portraits, I think it's appropriate to talk about my drawing process with my Wacom tablet. Generally when I draw for fun in my free time (outside my game design related work), I do portraits. I like drawing forms of faces, and I really enjoy working on eyes. Usually when I draw portraits I use Adobe Illustrator and make vectors, which is something I'm comfortable with. However, I've started using my Wacom tablet more and more ever since I started doing comic colorist work. It's an amazing tool, I love. But when I do portrait attempts with it, I tend to leave them black and white, because the sketch grows on me as is. But this time I when in and worked layers and layers of outlines and colors to see what types of effects I could create with it (as you can see from the image below). For my subject, I picked Taymeho (a co player from YouTube, who's videos I like -being based largely on an anime I enjoy, why wouldn't I? Being the Otaku I am. She has some really great videos and more over she looks the part of her character Phantomhive quite well (one of the best Ciel's in fact I've ever come across). So I decided to draw her, luckily for me she had a Deviant Art link on her YouTube page with tons of terrific photos for me to reference. -I started to only upload the final version of the drawing here, but I figured showing the process from start to finish would be a extra:



I went through a similar process with my other featured drawing of cosplayer  Aicosu as Grell Sutcliff, which you can view below:



Comments

Popular Posts