Mental Ray

3Ds Max is a great program that really offers a lot to users, and much like Photoshop one can almost never stop coming up with new techniques, and find the little futures that surprise us here and there. But its one of the most broad features Mental Ray, in this case that I have hardly ever played around with. Generally I have not had much use for it as I am always creating models that do not have little to no need, for reflections. But I decided to take time out, last week and use it to expand my artist range a bit more. And I ended up coming up with the below pocket watch. I was pleased with it, so I decided to use it for a college assignment (which I got an A for).

But the chains make the poly count a little more on the hirer side, so in between work (since this is a portfolio piece only). I'm going to take time out to optimize it to bring the poly count down from its current, then log again with side by side renders showing the before and afters to show the progression.



Render Test

Comments

  1. WOW, this is my personal favorite piece of your work! again love the natural colors and textures of metal really gives this piece a very realistic look of metal!
    VERY, impressive Jessica.
    -Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kind, thank you.^ After I finish off some of my major work assignments (which would be the city right now). I plan on experimenting a bit more with metal materials.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts