Two Years

Its been two years since I've made an update here... Wow. So after all that time, and many projects later, here I am.
In this touch down post, I won't go over all my projects given this post would get very long if I did, so I'll just talk about a few.

Back in 2014 a comic series I lettered for called "Zidan" (issue #0) made debut and was featured at the New York Comic Con. The majority of Roaring Sun Studios was there signing and promoting the book, which even got newspaper coverage. Images below, you can also see a promo video of the Comic Con set up for the comic serise on the official website HERE.



Since then, I have completed another fantastic issue of Zidan (issue #1) with Roaring Sun Studios:


And am currently working on issue #2, which will be finishing up soon. You can get your copies of the previous two issues on the Zidan website HERE.

Beyond that, I finished several comic issues of NightWasp for an independent developer on lettering (issues #1 through #5), as well as per commission designed the original NightWasp website which you can view HERE.


I also worked briefly with Kymera Press (their website is HERE), on issues #2 and #3 of the "Gates of Midnight" comic series, doing the lettering. Issue #2 was featured at the Long Beach Comic Expo in 2014.


I have also been working annually with Etheria Flim Night (website HERE), where I design and create film poster(s), programs, postcards, flyers, and award placards for the event. I have worked with them every year since 2014, and its always a fantastic experience. I've seen actors and directors pose with the film posters, and awards I created for them... And its a wonderful feeling to be a part of something so large. -The first year I started working with Etheria, they held the event at Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood so yes I was very impressive to say the least, its always a treat to work with them. Here are a of the items I designed for this years event:



You can also see the finished awards placards I designed here, as held by their respective recipients:


("The Love Witch" cast and crew)


Mindy Bledsoe, Jill Gevargizian, Jacqueline Castel, Toy Lei, Christine Boylan, Kerry Szu-Chien Yang and Stacy Hammon holding the their awards that I designed.

The following is from last years event:


Actor Shawn Ashmore (X-Men, The Following) with his wife, Dana, and director Darren Lynn Bousman, holding the program I designed.


Film director Axelle Carolyn (Soulmate), standing next to the poster I designed for her film. This particular image was published by Dreadcentral in 2015 around the time of the event.

I've also finished several independent comic books in the between time, including "Diva" (issue #1) and "Heavy Hitters" (issue #1 and #2) both by the same developer, and Child Number 4 (issue #1) which is by the creators of the Eclipse series S&T Comics. As well as Promixa which was a 58 page graphic novel, and several others. So... Its been a very busy last two years, with the way things are currently going the next two will be as well. Life in the shoes of an artist.

Comments

Popular Posts