Dragons, Movie Fest, and Comics Oh My!

The last 30 days have been jam packed with new on coming work and a few pieces I've done for my own personal portfolio as well. To start off I was contacted to letter "Gates of Midnight #2" with Kymera Press, Inc. as well as several upcoming issues, and will be featured on their website as on of their artist shortly here: http://gatesofmidnight.com/ with a mini bio etc. Something unique about Kymera Press, Inc. being they are entirely a female operated team, promoting females in the comic book world, so I was honored they approached me to help represent that: not only do girls read comics, they make them too! :)

Beyond that I'm also being showcased as a female artist for the 2014 Etheria Film Night: http://www.etheriafilmnight.com/etheria-film-night-artists/ I also designed a double sided 4x6 flyer promoting the film event, which they are set to print 5,000 of. Etheria celebrates the wonders of all female-directed and written films, and is set to be held at July 12th, 2013 at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, California. -Again I am honored to present women artist for this event, between Etheria and Kymera Press I have been catapulted into a female movement, which is a wonderful thing to celebrate at least once in a while. :)

Outside of these projects I am still continuing with my color and letter work for the "Legacy" series with S17, and the "Eclipse" series with S&T Comics. Along with several other on going lettering-only comic projects including, Academy of Villains, Creepy Scarlett (Last Sunset Films), and NightWasp for an independent creator (another new addition to my scheduled work - which I am also set to be a part of long term through the series).

Amazingly, I still squeeze time to do artwork I personally want to do between all my commission work. Thus I've gotten two new digital paintings done, one being an original dragon character, and the other being a fan-artwork of Coriolanus(played my favorite actor Tom Hiddleston). Coriolanus was a very inspirational Shakespearean play, I was lucky enough to see and very impressed by. -Dragons on the other hand have always been something I've been fund of drawing, ever since childhood in fact. Although with my ability to paint now in adulthood, I will slowly build a fantasy art collection with my original characters. The videos below show my painting each from start to finish, in under a minute.


Coriolanus which I titled "Tainted Innocence".


OC dragon I named "Nidhogg".

Earliyer last month the creators of S&T Comics commissioned me to do paintings of the main characters from the "Eclipse" series which I also work:


The hero Eclipse.


The villain Raze.



Comments

Popular Posts